Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Milan, Then What?

 
Alright, it's about time I showed just a bit of my trip to Milan! This was the second part of my fall break, and I'm happy I got to see Italy again after living in Rome for four months last year.
 

This was actually in the city we stayed in, Crema, which was unfortunately 40km from Milan's center. It was certainly beautiful and quaint, but quite the voyage to reach the city.

This was a church in Crema too, and this picture is more evidence that I got wonderful luck with the weather!

Of course, I had to take a photo or two of the Duomo! It was magnificent inside too.

This church in a sort of hidden part of Milan actually houses the fresco of the last supper! I was so bummed that I couldn't see it, since we hadn't made reservations.

We visited the Sforza castle too and it was quite magnificent to see.
Of course I had to get gelato! It was fantastic!

We headed to one of the big city parks and just walked around, taking everything in.
 
The city was great to see and it was fun to be back in Italy, though somewhere new, but it felt similar to Barcelona for me. With lots of tourists and commerce, I felt like I was missing the quaint, historic feeling of a European city. It was wonderful timing though, because my school trip the following week was just the ticket! If you'd still like to guess where I went next, I'll send something secret to the winner once I'm home, in just 20 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment